Employee health and workplace safety are becoming very important to ensure business continuity, having a direct impact on key financial metrics and business performance. Several businesses have understood the hard way, the importance of building a proactive safety culture.
Companies that have been reactive – responding to safety incidents and accidents but not adopting a risk-based approach to safety management – have put themselves in dire situations, paying hefty fines or dealing with massive safety accidents that have eroded brand reputation built over decades.
The need of the hour is a modern, next-generation safety management system that truly empowers safety leaders to become proactive, agile, and preventive.
This requires an EHS system that enables the following:
- Data at the fingertips for risk assessment and agile safety decision making
- Document management system, with critical documents accessible anytime, anywhere
- A mobile-ready EHS solution to automate safety audits and inspections
- Drives seamless communication and collaboration among diverse stakeholders
- Bridges the “data gap” between employees, the health & safety team, and executive management
- Includes a training management system, to ensure all employees are safety-aware and are equipped with the right safety training content
In a world of constantly evolving regulations, changing business requirements, and dynamic market shifts – the safety management solution also needs to evolve quickly. The need of the hour is a flexible and scalable solution that becomes continuously better, in terms of new features and capabilities.
Therefore, businesses today are looking for a cloud-native Environment, Health, and Safety management solution, built on a modern multi-tenant cloud platform. It accelerates product upgrades, is more secure, scalable, flexible, and configurable, and does not require a heavy investment in IT infrastructure. Moreover, a cloud-native solution can also seamlessly connect and integrate with other business applications such as ERP, CRM, and other enterprise systems.
Choosing Salesforce.com for CQ’s EHS Solution
In the Whitepaper Which Cloud Platform Powers Your Next-Gen Quality and Safety Management Solution? A Comparison: Salesforce vs. AWS and Azure, we explain our reasons for choosing Salesforce over AWS or Azure to build our EHS solution.
Today, businesses moving to the cloud have many options, including Microsoft Azure and Amazon AWS. These are Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) and Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) solutions that provide companies with flexible and scalable computing and storage capacities. However, the tools available on cloud platforms like these are not standardized or certified, and because of which compatibility with third-party tools can become a challenge.
ComplianceQuest, after assessing the merits and demerits of AWS, Azure, and Salesforce, chose the Salesforce platform as it is a ‘Business’ Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS). What this means is that it provides IT management (infrastructure and application platform innovation) services, allowing us to focus on our core area of developing a robust, scalable, and feature-rich Environment, Health, and Safety management solution.
The Salesforce.com platform is packaged with application development tools that help with building software with intuitive user interface/user navigation, reporting, dashboards, etc. A multi-tenant cloud, it comes with a metadata-driven architecture with enhanced security and consistent, connected, and certified platform tools.
Key Platform Benefits
Some of the benefits of developing the CQ safety solution on Salesforce.com include:
- Secure Solution: Salesforce meets compliance requirements such as HIPAA, PCI, SOC 1, and SOC 2, and provides automatic disaster recovery with necessary backups. Since safety is regulated, and data privacy has become a key requirement. Building the CQ safety solution on Salesforce makes it compliant, highly secure, and reliable.
- Scalability: Developed on a highly scalable and available platform, the EHS is configured for ongoing vulnerability assessment and automatic upgrades and patches. Salesforce also supports the CQ EHS solution with value-added features such as Chatter to enable collaboration and Einstein Analytics for charts and dashboards. It can also be used to scale up based on the growing safety needs of the company, adding users and authorizations with ease. It helps with improving user experience and innovation.
- Flexibility: Every time there is an improvement in the Salesforce platform, ComplianceQuest also gets access to build and test features for the new capabilities to ensure smooth upgrades. Since the API Platform allows data to integrate from any system, integration with other enterprise applications is also enabled and improves the transparency of processes. Its no-code tools accelerate building and configuring apps.
- Lower Cost of Ownership: By building on the Salesforce, ComplianceQuest can focus on building, automating, and streamlining safety management processes and solutions, keeping it flexible and configurable without worrying about infrastructure. This lowers the cost of development, a benefit we pass on to our customers.
- Integration: The CQ EHS is easily integrated with enterprise systems such as CRM, ERP, PLM, and inventory control systems, providing access to critical data for identifying risks and putting in controls. It is mobile-ready and can connect with any app, IoT device, data, or computing device on the cloud or on-prem by leveraging the Salesforce MuleSoft Anypoint Platform.
Feature-Rich, Data-Backed, Risk-Based Safety Management Solution
The Salesforce.com platform takes care of automatic provisioning and ensures data security, availability monitoring, and load balancing. As a result of building on top of this solution, ComplianceQuest has built a feature-rich safety management solution that leverages data to identify risks and helps safety leaders make informed decisions.
The ComplianceQuest EHS solution has got end-to-end management of health and safety workflows and includes features such as:
- Environmental and Sustainability: Establish, track, and monitor environmental and sustainability metrics
- Incident Management: Empower employees to report incidents, track progress, and provide safety leaders and management with data to quickly take action
- Management Review: Enable smart management review meetings with a tower of data to improve safety systems
- Permit to Work: Bring consistency to permit practices in hazardous conditions
- Integrated Risk Management: Manage safety risks, track, evaluate, mitigate, and monitor risk performance
- Safety Observations: Provide a 360-degree view of enterprise-wide safety risks
- Supplier: Partner With suppliers, contractors, and vendors to improve safety
- Training: Identify skill gaps and plan training programs for employees to improve workplace safety
To know more about how ComplianceQuest EHS, built on Salesforce, can help you improve safety in your workplace, request a demo here: https://www.compliancequest.com/online-demo/