Medical Device Cybersecurity: Don’t be Vulnerable
Medical devices are becoming more interconnected leading to safer, more effective technologies enabling vulnerabilities to manifest that if exploited threaten the health and safety of patients. The need for effective cybersecurity to ensure medical device functionality and safety has become more important with the increasing use of wireless, Internet and network connected devices.
Recent cybersecurity incidents, including ransomware, have rendered medical devices and hospital networks inoperable, disrupting the delivery of patient care across healthcare facilities. Such incidents may lead to patient harm thru delays and/or errors in diagnoses and/or treatment.
This webinar will delineate FDA’s efforts at assessing the landscape including:
- General principles, lessons learned and best practices
- Overview of recent standards and guidance documents
- FDA issued cybersecurity safety communications
- MOU’s on information sharing agreements with stakeholders
- How to develop effective risk management and remediation strategies