Migrating from an on-premise system to the cloud is critical to improving both quality and compliance. It also ensures that the quality team and other stakeholders save valuable time and become more productive because data is available anytime, anywhere.
This blog talks about why in today’s world of digital-led growth, it is a no-brainer to move your QMS to the cloud. This blog is an excerpt from the whitepaper, “From On-Prem to Cloud: It’s Time to Migrate your QMS Now!”
How to Make the Shift
Quality leaders usually start with a small number of processes to migrate to the cloud. The migration could happen either from a set of legacy systems and/or a combination of manual processes to a cloud-based platform with next-generation capabilities. A well-defined set of product requirements and a detailed roadmap will help you derive maximum benefit from your cloud investment. We believe that the following 7 factors are critical to ensure the migration process goes as per plan:
- Choose the right EQMS product, one that’ll scale as your business grows
- with a proven implementation team that has the experience and expertise to implement a cloud-based EQMS for your industry
- Decide the processes you’ll migrate first, along with a document detailing the business needs, product roadmap and long-term plan
- Focus on governance and security. The last thing you want is to run into data governance issues during the migration
- Take advantage of the out-of-the-box capabilities of the EQMS product you choose to implement
- Ensure your EQMS partner offers managed services and takes complete responsibility of the migration process including movement of data
- Derive maximum value from your investment by truly automating the QMS workflow that integrates your people, processes, and information
When to Make the Shift
So, when do you make the shift? According to an article published by Gartner, legacy systems are responsible for holding back business growth in several companies. As per a survey conducted by Hitachi Consulting, 9 out of 10 business leaders believe that legacy systems cause inefficiencies and drive-up costs.
Cloud-based solutions are better suited for collaboration, mobility, and scalability. Also, cloud-first is the way to go to embrace next-generation technologies like AI, ML, NLP, and advanced analytics.
Often, the trigger to migrate comes from specific business requirements, such as:
- There is a greater need to collaborate with your suppliers and external partners. You need a cloud-based EQMS that can automate supplier management and supplier quality processes.
- Your business is scaling rapidly and there is an immediate need to reduce and optimize infrastructure costs.
- As a quality leader, you want greater access to data with next-generation dashboards and quality analytics. These dashboards with mobile-ready features are available off-the-shelf in a modern EQMS like ComplianceQuest.
- You want to drive efficiency into a specific quality management process. For example, if there is a need to reduce the time taken to resolve complaints, it can be possible with a truly collaborative and connected EQMS solution.
Know more about Compliance Quest’s EQMS Solution by requesting an online demo: https://www.compliancequest.com/online-demo/