Customized, Mobile-friendly EHS System for Canada’s Leading Oil and Gas Services Company
One of Western Canada’s largest service providers to the oil, gas, and mining industry wanted to build an enterprise-wide culture of health and safety. The company offered a wide range of services including construction, maintenance, manufacturing, field services, and oil sand mining to its customers and employed over 4,000 people in the region.
Being an award-winning company dedicated to creating an environment of safety and quality for its employees and clients, they were very serious about implementing several safety initiatives, especially to boost employee safety and wellness in remote, difficult-to-reach locations. The leadership team at the company was sensitive towards workplace safety risks and employee wellbeing requirements so that several of these initiatives would be monitored closely.
It was clear that the organization needed a next-generation EHS solution, one that would enable continuous improvement of all safety management processes.
The EHS team identified four key business needs:
- #1 – Easy availability of data: Both the EHS team and the executive leadership wanted to capture safety data and metrics from all worksites. A data-driven approach is crucial for driving continuous improvement and building a safety culture. Having access to dashboards and trends plays an important role in preventing and mitigating risks. It also made it easier to conduct audits and generate reports.
- #2 – Mobile-friendly EHS solution that could be accessed anytime, anywhere: It was also crucial to simplify the data gathering process from various sites. The EHS team wanted to digitize the process of inspection management – both for worksites and vehicles. Considering the scale of operations, this was a critical requirement. Also, network connectivity was a challenge in several sites. Therefore, a critical feature was to allow offline data entry, and the data would sync into the EHS system once connectivity was established.“ComplianceQuest created a completely customized program for us. They designed digital worksite inspection forms which could be easily accessed via mobile from virtually anywhere. The user-friendly forms automatically feed safety data into Salesforce, which can be accessed real-time”, says their competency advisor.
- #3 – Integration with Salesforce: The oil and gas services company wanted to link the EHS with their CRM, which was on Salesforce. This was a deal-clincher for ComplianceQuest, as this allowed the company to analyze safety data by customer and by location.
- #4 – Operate at scale, especially when it came to site and safety inspection management: As mentioned above, the company is one of the largest suppliers and service providers to the oil, gas, mining, agriculture, forestry, and infrastructure industries in Western Canada. This meant that the EHS solution had to be scalable, flexible, and customizable. In case an inspection or audit highlighted a safety issue, the system had to automatically trigger a CAPA process as needed. It was designed not only as a system of record that served as a single source of truth. Rather, the ComplianceQuest solution was a system that enabled collaboration and truly connected people, processes, and digital tools.
Overall, there were several reasons why the company decided to choose ComplianceQuest EHS to automate the process of site and vehicle inspection management.
- Considering the scale of operations and legacy operating procedures, it was critical to go with a product that could be customized as needed.
- As a SaaS-based solution built on the Salesforce platform, the implementation process was quick and efficient with ComplianceQuest.
- Additionally, the company had to meet evolving regulatory and compliance requirements. Periodic, repeated inspections had to be conducted. And, we were able to offer a customized solution that fit their requirements exactly.
- During the implementation phase, we first tested out the whole solution in a sandbox environment before taking it live. It was important not to affect the legacy system before our next-generation solution was completely built out and deployed.
If you would like to automate and build a continuously improving safety management process, give us a shout. Contact us here: https://www.compliancequest.com/lp/ehs/