In the past, businesses used spreadsheets to track pieces of equipment. As companies expanded geographically, this manual process of equipment management became cumbersome and ineffective. A defect in a piece of equipment has a ripple effect on the entire company, starting with downtime, cost, and, more importantly, brand image. With the advent of technology, companies have realized the need to move from siloed, paper-based systems to a more robust, cloud-based equipment maintenance software system to monitor and maintain their equipment.
Equipment Maintenance Software
- What are the regulatory requirements for Equipment Maintenance Software?
- What is the process of equipment maintenance tracking?
All manufacturers must adhere to regulatory requirements and international standards such as ISO 9001 and ISO 10012 and set up equipment maintenance software. Pharmaceutical manufacturers must conform to FDA 21CFR211.182, which focuses on cGMP, maintaining written records of central equipment cleaning, maintenance, and uses. Similarly, FDA 21CFR211 211.68 mandates all automatic, mechanical, or electronic equipment to be routinely calibrated or checked according to a documented in-house program designed to assure proper performance.
Equipment maintenance tracking is simplified with cloud-based maintenance software. Tracking equipment maintenance is a five-step process – define, monitor, train, assign, and inspect.
- Clearly define each process to analyze system performance data
- Monitor operations to become aware of potential issues
- Provide technicians and operators with proper training to identify and resolve issues
- Create accountability within the organization by assigning responsibility
- Conduct periodic inspections based on a strict equipment maintenance schedule
Equipment maintenance tracking is an ongoing process that needs to be carried out efficiently. To ensure no step is skipped, it is essential to create a checklist of tasks based on safety, operation, repairs, records, and instructions. Here is an equipment maintenance checklist that organizations can refer to.
- Prepare a safety document or guide that details the activities that should or should not take place.
- Conduct quality and maintenance tests on equipment to determine the operating conditions of each equipment
- Maintain a document of repairs or changes proposed and resolved for future reference
- Document and store all equipment-related procedures and guidelines at a central location for easy access
- Read all equipment-related instructions in detail to understand the working of an equipment.
What are the features of CQ’s Equipment Maintenance Software?
Track, review, and sign-off equipment calibration activities and digitally store calibration certificates
Document, track, and close specific machinery maintenance activities and review for compliance
Utilize pre-built best-practices-based reports or customize additional reports and dashboards to suit business requirements
Access QHSE solution anywhere, anytime and on any device
Why should a business invest in Equipment Maintenance Tracking Software?
- purchasing decisions
- warranty details
- manufacturer information
- location of each equipment
- users and stakeholders of the equipment
Data-driven Health & Safety Management at Rental Equipment Companies
What are the benefits of implementing ComplianceQuest Equipment Maintenance Software?
Automating the equipment lifecycle workflow. This feature allows users to test, calibrate, and validate all equipment and instruments to ensure it meets internal requirements.
Scheduling downtimes and preventive maintenance to keep costs low, reduce repair, improve the life of the equipment, and ensure smooth operations. The solution can send notifications to employees and help protect the equipment from repeat breakdowns.
Producing quality products that meet customer requirements, regulatory standards, and internal specifications and increase Return on Invested Capital (ROIC)
Driving up OEE metrics by ensuring the integrity of data and continuous improvement with an enterprise-wide view of all equipment-related data to help with overall decision-making related to equipment maintenance and replacement
Delivering Data Efficiency to a Leading Medical Equipment Manufacturer
Who can use ComplianceQuest’s Equipment Maintenance Software?
ComplianceQuest Equipment Maintenance Software helps organizations track, schedule, and maintain calibration, perform regular maintenance activities, and report them when needed. Built on Salesforce, the solution also gives users a complete 360-degree view of their equipment to various users within the system. The solution can be used by —
Simple and Easy to use QMS software
Quality-centric companies rely on CQ QMS
Frequently Asked Questions
What common problems can arise due to poor equipment maintenance strategy?
- Equipment performance can get affected without proper planning for periodic maintenance
- The organization takes a reactive approach to incidents that involve the quality and quantity of output
- Manual equipment maintenance affects the company’s ability to identify equipment risk
- Inadequate user and maintenance staff training
- The paper-based system affects the company’s ability to document all maintenance activities
- Maintenance activities do not become a part of the company’s quality objectives
- Improper data governance policies can make equipment vulnerable and lead to data security issues
- Increased chance for productivity issues leading to the high cost of production, health, and safety
What are some of the best practices in equipment maintenance?
- After investing in a piece of equipment, it is important to understand the basic guidelines. Keep track of warranty details such as coverage duration, void clauses, and maintenance services covered.
- Use equipment maintenance software to keep a detailed record of all the equipment across locations to ensure seamless maintenance.
- Follow recommended maintenance schedules as informed by manufacturers to maintain peak conditions.
- Include relevant stakeholders in the maintenance program
- Ensure the environment around the equipment is favourable.
- Track all replacements and keep back stock to avoid delays or downtime