A holistic, enterprise-wide approach is essential to be able to successfully mitigate risks and work towards an incident-free industrial manufacturing business. The manufacturer needs to first:
- Identify risks and prioritize mitigation by risk level
- Assess the effectiveness of existing health and safety practices
- Create a safety policy to improve
- Align it with business goals
- Communicate it to his organization
- Set processes and SOPs
- Measure progress
- Effect continuous improvement (CI)
It needs enterprise-wide rollout and commitment for the safety program to result in the desired outcome – which should be to reduce and ultimately reach zero incidents. Attention to detail and a proactive approach to driving CI are the cornerstones of a well-designed safety transformation program – which is now a “must-have” in manufacturing settings.
Know everything about Safety Transformation for Industrial and Manufacturing Companies in this whitepaper.