ISO 9001:2015, one of the most recognized quality standards, facilitates improved satisfaction of all stakeholders of a business, including customers. It enables building a quality framework for ensuring consistency of the quality of goods and/or services. It takes a risk-based approach and encourages the automation of processes for greater transparency and accountability.
The ISO 9001:2015 is built on seven principles. These are:
- Customer focus: Implementing the ISO 9001 QMS helps businesses understand their customers’ needs and links feedback and customers to the system to help businesses respond faster and more effectively. It also helps to reduce errors, thereby increasing customer confidence.
- Leadership: ISO 9001 requires a commitment of the top management to implement and guide the rest of the organization.
- Engagement of People: ISO 9001 recommends the establishment of a culture of quality that requires the involvement of every employee in proactively addressing risks to quality.
- Process Approach: A proactive, risk-based approach requires a strong system with automated workflows and processes to empower employees and management.
- Improvement: ISO standards stress on continuous improvement, constantly fine tuning the system, and keeping pace with the changing business environment, company goals, and regulatory requirements.
- Evidence-based Decision Making: Data acts as the fulcrum for decision-making, requiring visibility into processes and access to enterprise-wide data.
- Relationship Management: Right from the management to the last employee, suppliers and the customer are linked through an integrated, enterprise-wide quality management system that ensures a holistic approach to quality.
The principles can vary in importance in different organizations and over a period of time, based on the growth stage, challenges, etc. the company is facing.
In this whitepaper, we talk about:
- Smart quality framework for proactive quality management
- Benefits of smart quality framework
- ISO 9001 principles
- Automation of key ISO 9001 processes
- And more