From the time of the industrial revolution to the 1980s, the single-minded focus on industrial and economic growth has cost the environment severely. Pollution and depletion of resources at a fast pace forced governments to wake up and realize the importance of the environment, health and safety. Frameworks that guide businesses on how to continue to grow while implementing sustainable business processes as well as making the workplace safe.
What is EHS Management?
EHS management or environment, health, and safety management is an all-in-one term that focuses on improving EHS performance of an enterprise. It refers to the implementation of procedures focused on ensuring the safety of workers and their surroundings. These processes play a significant role in achieving and maintaining the overall environmental goals of the organization.
Get an Online Demo
Why Is EHS Management Needed?
Over the years, OSHA has conducted many studies that show the many needs of EHS management programs. EHS has
- Helped protect the planet from different environmental threats while still allowing businesses to thrive
- Focused on drastically improving worker rights and safety
- Ensured the safety of workers within organizations
What are the benefits of the EHS Management System?
- Reduce the incidence and costs of workplace injuries while promoting a safety culture of accountability and responsibility
- Share safety information to keep the workplace informed and team on point
- Know the potential environmental risks and the actions taken to prevent them
- Manage hazards and prevent future recurrence to realize ROI
Features of CQ Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) Management System
ComplianceQuest EHS System is a part of its enterprise-wide quality management system, thereby integrating all the processes seamlessly. This enable automation of workflows and establishing a culture of safety and sustainability while meeting organizational goals. The key features include:
- Safety Event Reporting: Promote safety culture at the workplace by ensuring workers have easy access to report injuries, accidents, or near misses that could affect safety on the worksite. These reports can be addressed to manage the risk and get an effective response, and if required, be reported to a regulatory agency like OSHA directly.
- CAPA: Full action lifecycle to investigate and address unwanted events, hazards, and to facilitate change management. The system can be used to assign to the right people, monitor the workflow, and provide full visibility as the process moves through verification of effectiveness.
- Worksite Inspections: Define schedules, checklists, and assess the type and level of safe activity for all or specific locations. Keep the health and safety inspections seamless, consistent, timely, and mobile on any device. CQ’s EHS management system allows managers to assign actions to unwanted findings – all within one record for easy tracking and trend analysis
- Safety Observations: Provide workers a means to engage in the Safety Culture and to report positive or negative observations. Safety managers can use the data for trending or assign investigations and actions depending on what is required. Excellent for lessons-learned postings to the workforce.
- Compliance Management: CQ’s compliance management module is managed by Enhesa – the world’s largest provider of EHS regulatory requirements. The solution offers the capability of undertaking a regulatory applicability analysis for a particular geography/operation.
- Stakeholder Management: With ComplianceQuest H&S management solution, companies can manage all stakeholders, ensuring their participation and involvement in identifying key H&S risks as well as the root cause for any incidents.
Risk management: Through our indigenously developed risk management module, businesses will be able to
- Maintain all hazards and risks in a consolidated document
- Categorize risks based on a thought-through risk rating methodology
- Classify risks based on the function/process/activity
- Follow the hierarchy of controls while determining control measures
- Assign risk owners and frequency of review
- Alter the risk level based on the effectiveness of the control measure
How can CQ EHS Management Software help companies?
A good health and safety program will reduce the cost due to injury, improve your safety culture, and enable informed health and safety-related decision making for an efficient and effective operation. ComplianceQuest’s EHS management solution enables seamless management of an organization’s entire environment and safety program with a range of intuitively integrated tools and applications. CQ’s EHS management software allows companies to prioritize health and safety programs based on risk analysis and providing relevant and timely data.
Frequently Asked Questions
How does automation of the environment, health and safety processes help?
- Improvement in supplier visibility
- Increase in operating margin
- A decline in product recalls
Benefits of cloud-based EHS
- Analytics and Dashboards: Have the Health and Safety metrics of the workplace available anytime, anywhere for improved decision-making and oversight. Keep a record of potential risks and the actions taken for future reference.
- Safety Notifications and Collaboration: Improve Health and Safety communication and transparency. Like and follow relevant records in the system and decide how and when to be notified of changes.
- Mobile Access: Access the solution including reports, approvals, record views, reviews, alerts, etc. on the go, anywhere, anytime, and on any device. This ensures business continuity and improves efficiency, visibility, and flexibility.
How does EHS affect ROI?
- Compliance: Managed by Enhesa, the solution offers the capability of undertaking a regulatory applicability analysis for a particular geography/operation.
- Risk Management: Through clearly visible reports on hazards and risks, organizations can prevent accidents and implement better control measures
- Reputation: The software helps to effectively report injuries, accidents, or near misses that could affect safety thus improving monitoring that will help in enhancing brand reputation, which is good for business