In today’s world, businesses face many challenges such as low economic growth, changing global market conditions, a constant need for innovation, and cost pressures. This requires enterprises to be agile and constantly evolve to meet the challenges. The resultant changes in any aspect of operations can impact multiple functions. Therefore, it requires collaboration between teams to manage the impact of the changes. A holistic approach to ensure that the changes are implemented thoroughly and smoothly is critical to help ensure a beneficial transition while minimizing disruption.
As change gets implemented, it is important to ensure that quality and safety requirements are not compromised. In sectors like life sciences, manufacturing, and other regulated sectors, any change management effort must be accompanied by an audit to ensure regulatory compliance.
A change control software automates and streamlines the process of managing change while ensuring safety and quality compliance needs.
Manage your entire Change Control Processes with ComplianceQuest’s Change Control Software for flexible, scalable and configurable workflow.
- What is a Change Control System?
- The Need for a Modern Change Control Software
- How does Change Control Software work?
Change Control System is an integrated approach that transforms teams, people, and organizations from their current state to their preferred future state. The objective of a Change Control System is to help employees understand, embrace, commit, and accept changes in their current business environment.
With the help of the change control procedures, you can ensure that a change does not negatively impact a product’s quality, safety, or compliance. The major intent of the Change Control System is to:
- manage each change request from initiation and review/approval through to execution tracking, verification, and closure
- plan change requests based on directions from the appropriate authority
- communicate the impact of changes to the team concerned
- enable the changes to be properly assessed, reviewed, and deployed
Every organization should use modern change control software to help the workforce adapt to the progressive changes for organizational growth and development. It can help an organization to:
- Understand changing customer needs
- Set up best practices based on objectives and goals
- Determine the operational workflows and processes
- Achieve business excellence in company performance
ComplianceQuest’s Modern Change Control Software can help an organization connect the change control process with other quality processes to enhance continuous improvement by linking users and data through a centralized system.
Change Control Software enables automating the change process from request to closure in the following ways:
- Request a change
- Submit and review the change request
- Change the Request-Response Document
- Ultimate Decision and Approval
Request a change is documentation used to request the actual change for your process, and the reason needs to be explained for the change ensuring all impacted areas have been identified. This should be included in the review and approval of the change. It’s important to have the request in hand with all supporting statements while deciding on the change. This should include a Change Request Form which outlines what needs to be changed after reviewing and analyzing the impacted areas.
After documenting the change request, it needs to be appropriately reviewed and confirmed for the effectiveness of the change. After reviewing and approving change requests, you can ensure that all the changes are analyzed thoroughly for their impact and processed for implementation.
Change Control Process to Drive Continuous Improvement of QMS Processes
Documenting Change Requests
Implement Change Effectively and Efficiently
Gain Improved Visibility of Changes
Analyze and Monitor the Impact of Change
Improved Decision Making
Maintain Records and Data
World’s Largest Electronics Components Distributor Uses ComplianceQuest to Manage Document and Training Lifecycle
Key Features of CQ Change Control Software
You can initiate a change and provide detailed information such as the scope of change, area of change, the reason for the change, type of change, proposed change dates, associated risks, expected impact, etc., that may have prompted the change.
You can easily route changes to the right team for evaluation, review, assessment, and approval.
Change Execution And Tracking
The assigned tasks should be executed, tracked, and completed by assigned due dates.
Change Verification And Closure
This step refers to assessing the potential outcome of the change on affected products and processes.
Being mobile-enabled, you can review, escalate, and approve changes anywhere, anytime.
Reporting And Analytics
You can understand changes, find out patterns, and track open change initiatives via dashboards. You also can track deviations per product and report on open or closed changes.
Best ways to Achieve Integrated Change Control with Collaboration and Visibility across the Change Lifecycle
- Meet your company’s business requirement by determining the status, impact, and
- effectiveness of change through real-time dashboards
- Provide consistency, credibility, and foreseeability of services and processes during the change
- Make sure that your resources are involved with maximum productivity during the execution of change
Determine the Intention of Change
You must know why a certain change is essential and beneficial for the process or the product.
Collaborate with Stakeholders
All the stakeholders, including the senior management and leadership, should be involved, and they must understand their role and responsibilities during the entire process.
It is necessary to communicate when the change will be implemented along with its purpose, the duration of implementation, and from when it will be effective.
Proper Documentation to Support Change
The change should be properly documented as it helps track the change history and reverse the change if an error occurs.
Fallback procedure is required when the change does not perform as anticipated or has a negative impact on the system.
Monitoring the Success
The success of a change should be continuously monitored to ensure that the change can deliver the purpose for which it was implemented.
Driving New Product
Introduction with Endless
How various stakeholders use the Change Control Software
In today’s world, changes are everywhere–be it a change in technology, business processes, or product design. Every organization needs a comprehensive method to continuously improve its change management process to synchronize with the change’s type and frequency. You can improve decision-making processes involving various stakeholders by notifying them instantly via integrated enterprise collaboration tools like Chatter available in ComplianceQuest’s change management software.
Employees can endorse change records according to their roles or responsibilities. The stakeholders should be aware of its impact on the associated processes whenever a change is submitted. As it’s a cloud-enabled solution, all stakeholders can work together with any device from anywhere.
ComplianceQuest’s change control software is a configurable solution that can help manufacturers create and maintain procedures to detect, document, verify, validate, review, and approve design changes before their implementation. Being designed on a cloud-based platform, this solution is flexible enough to adapt to the changing organizational needs.
Why is Cloud-Based Change Control/Management Software needed
Moving your business’s critical applications to the cloud rather than using traditional on-premise applications can give you huge benefits such as cost and time savings, enhanced agility, and better quality of service. Cloud-based Change Control Software is needed because of,
Maximized Business Agility
Minimized IT Issues
Benefits of CQ Change Control Software
Effective change control in QMS can provide the following potential benefits in any industry:
AOC Global Services and AOC Program Solutions
Quality-centric companies rely on CQ QMS
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the Principles of Change Management?
Why is Change Management Solution important?
- Promote an organizational culture that supports the change and avoids failures during the change.
- Discuss openly and not modify the strategic direction during the change journey.
- Recycle organizational and technological learning from past experiences.
- Based on the design, the levels of experience, phases of learning, and various activities of each unit, it is important to establish a clear, structured framework for managing change effects.
- Develop tools, methods, roles, and skills for execution by keeping change management on top of the executive agenda.
- Improve and increase customer and employee experience.
- Enhance engagement and minimize costs.
- Reduce resistance dependencies while maximizing innovation.
What is the difference between a Change Management Solution and Change Control Management?
- Identifying the problem at the initial stage of a change
- Initiating a change request
- Getting approval from stakeholders
- Implementing the change with a strategy
- Tracking the success of the change after being implemented