According to research conducted by Accenture, companies that embraced digital transformation between 2015 and 2018, grew 2x faster than companies that were laggards. These companies used the power of automation to drive process improvements, efficiency, and productivity. And not to forget, in just a few months’ time, the COVID-19 crisis has brought about years of change in the way companies in all sectors and regions do business.
By making that early commitment to investing in automation, these companies set themselves up well to grow 5 times faster than others two to three years after the initial foundation was set.
We believe that we’re at a similar inflection point today, with respect to AI.
There is an opportunity – right in front of us – to take advantage of the power of AI-enabled decision support systems, predictive analytics and risk management solutions.
An investment in cutting-edge AI tools right now, will not only deliver immediate business benefits but also play a critical role in driving long-term competitiveness.
In this blog, we’re going to primarily focus on the role of AI in the area of health and safety management. At ComplianceQuest, we offer a next-generation EHS solution to help health and safety teams streamline and automate the entire EHS workflow. CQ EHS is also catalyzed and strengthened by using CQ.AI, our cutting-edge artificial intelligence framework.
Intelligent Automation using CQ.AI for streamlining EHS workflows
AI comes into play in the following areas when it comes to intelligent automation of health, safety and environmental management processes. Here’s how:
- Intelligent Chat Bots powered by Conversational CQ.AI can be used to capture safety-related information and data from employees across locations and business functions. Once this data is captured, it can be intelligently processed to plan the next steps.
- ComplianceQuest leverages NLP to detect, analyze and convert unstructured data into classifications for health/safety events. It also helps with removing bias. This especially becomes useful while acting on safety observations or near-misses data that is entered by employees into the central portal. By integrating AI, we’re able to derive predictive insights to prevent future incidents.
- CQ EHS uses Machine learning (ML) to capture trends and insights to monitor, detect and predict potential high-risk issues. It can also be used to automate or semi-automate certain risk mitigation actions without wasting time. For example, your AI could “capture” that a particular piece of equipment hasn’t been serviced for several years. This could be a safety issue, and the system could automatically trigger a request for maintenance.
- CQ.AI also includes a wonderful framework for ‘Similarity Identification’. It can be used to avoid unnecessary investigations by improving “first-time issue” classification, reportability, and risk. Identify similar health/safety issues and re-use previous investigations to drive agility in planning the next steps.
- CQ.AI also helps with the automatic prioritization of safety issues at hand, by using predictive analytical models built on Einstein AI. Safety leaders can now get a bird’s eye view of all key safety issues, prioritized and classified by risk level.
Each of these features plays a key role in improving health and safety processes. More importantly, AI can be used to make sense of the vast amount of safety observations/near-misses data that can come from any of your office or factory locations, all over the world. Without AI, this would be very difficult to do, especially at large corporations.
5 Benefits of AI-Powered Safety Systems
According to the National Safety Council, there were 4,572 preventable injury-related deaths at the workplace. Overall, 4.6 million work-related injuries were reported in 2019 and it costed employers a whopping US $171 billion.
These numbers are certainly worrisome. Workplace safety and employee wellbeing have become an important topic of discussion at the board and top management levels.
With an AI-powered EHS Solution, businesses can experience the following benefits and address worker health and safety issues before they become problems:
- Enterprise-wide Safety Culture: An AI-enabled workplace safety management solution makes it easy for safety leaders to collaborate with people across the organization. For instance, AI-enabled chatbots can certainly play a role in not only collecting data from employees but also processing some of this data to be delivered to the safety team, based on risk level classification.
- Productivity: Let us say your AI-enabled EHS sends an automatic notification regarding a safety observation recorded in the system. It marks it as high-risk and automatically prompts an action. This certainly accelerates the process of addressing a potential safety issue. It drives employee engagement and has a positive impact on overall employee morale.
- Cost Reduction: CQ.AI’s Similarity Identification feature can have a direct impact on costs. By flagging an issue as being “similar to something that occurred in the past”, safety leaders are able to quickly understand the issue at hand and plan the next steps.
Needless to say, all of this plays a role in improving the overall trust employees and customers have in your brand. It also makes it easier in terms of regulatory compliance.
Make that commitment to embrace AI to take your health & safety workflow to the next level.
Request us for a demo here: https://www.compliancequest.com/online-demo