Automation of Training Management to Drive Quality and Safety Performance
Regulatory authorities such as the FDA (and standards like ISO) require organizations to maintain specific standards across quality processes. Quality leaders unanimously agree that world-class training management – with continuous learning personalized for various users – plays a key role in improving overall quality performance. It gives employees the right skills, information, know-how and behavioral skills to help them decide what to do and what not to do at work.
Additionally, educating and training employees is critical to proactively identifying, analyzing and mitigating risks. It helps them in keeping an eye out for common quality and safety issues and subsequently plan control measures.
ComplianceQuest created an insightful white paper focusing on “Closing the Skill Gap in the C GT Manufacturing Sector with World-Class Training Management.” The paper focuses on –
- The rising talent gap in the CAGT industry
- Key areas where upskilling is critical
- How ComplianceQuest’s training management software can help in upskilling
While the whitepaper revolves around the training needs in the C and GT sector, the need for upskilling and behavioral training has become a top priority across life sciences, medical device, manufacturing, construction, oil and gas and other process industries.
In this blog, we will understand the importance of automating training management and the steps involved in establishing the right process using cloud-based training management software.
Better L and D Processes for all Stakeholders Involved
Before the advent of technology, businesses relied on classroom training to upskill employees, impart quality and safety-related knowledge and train people to adapt to new processes. However, this old-school method was difficult to track and impossible to scale. Managing training activities and certifications became tedious, especially with a paper-based system of records. As regulatory bodies, including FDA and OSHA, insist on proper training for both quality and safety requirements, it is essential to have skilled workers who are trained in the processes, understand the sensitivity of the materials they are handling, and overall, become more process-oriented.
Automation of training helps centralize the training history and training plans – covering documents to be read and courses to be completed. The system will also recommend training plans based on skill gaps, missed deadlines, overdue training and regulatory requirements. It also allows businesses across industries to remain aligned with all relevant regulatory standards while giving complete visibility and traceability into the processes end-to-end and filling up talent gaps.
Management needs a bird’s eye view of all the training activities. With an automated training management module, track all key training metrics via standard and customized reports and dashboards. Access any training information easily as needed. These dashboards also give insights into training gaps and missed deadlines that can be followed up easily by sending alerts to concerned employees and trainers. By automating the process, management can maintain compliance by easily updating new training requirements for a specific set of employees.
As the training workflows are already defined based on job functions/roles, employees can access individualized pending/required training, track their own training progress, and take action by the designated due date, eliminating delays in acquiring applicable knowledge. Trainees can also access all training content from any device, regardless of location and learn ‘on the go.’
Using automated training management software allows managers to get an overview of all pending and completed training and access relevant metrics. Trainers can also identify flaws in training programs and upgrade the content as needed.
Automation of training offers a complete view of training compliance across the organization. Executive leaders and managers will also have centralized dashboards to review the status of training for all employees – across teams.
Learning Management Workflow: 7-Step Process
All businesses must train and prepare their employees to comply with regulations and improve workplace safety. An automated training management process will help top management identify gaps and create relevant programs to ensure employees are well-equipped to deal with hazards and risks.
Here is a seven-step guide to automating your training program.
- Step 1 – Set training objectives based on role, department and hierarchy. By setting these objectives, you can identify skill gaps, eliminate retraining skilled workers and improve the efficiency of training modules.
- Step 2 – Design and develop training materials, including reusable course templates. Integrate with a Document Management module to create a course catalog and documents for training
- Step 3 – Identify the right training software to meet training and regulatory needs. Look for software that is cloud-based, affordable and easily integrates with other modules such as document, CAPA and non-conformance
- Step 4 – Upload and manage training programs for courses and related documents based on job functions/roles. Include SCORM (Shareable Content Object Reference Model) content in the form of video/interactive training content for training and assessments.
- Step 5 – Automate workflows to create a continuous improvement strategy that ensures compliance. Automation also helps auditors seeking training records, as it is easy to pull up reports from the system.
- Step 6 – Track employee training progress with up-to-date training records to ensure job readiness. In online training courses, training Managers can get overviews of all pending and completed training and access relevant metrics.
- Step 7 – Verify training quality and knowledge imparted by insisting on a manager or a trainer to sign off. This can be done after the employees take pre-defined quizzes or short tests that measure their level of comprehension.
Automation Using ComplianceQuest Training Management Software
The CQ Training Management module is part of the EQMS suite. The Training Management Software from ComplianceQuest, built on Salesforce, helps businesses ensure that their workforce is trained, skilled and certified to drive productivity and maintain compliance. CQ’s Training Management solutions use AI and data to track and monitor progress, customize training, measure performance and properly document all training and certifications. Recently, we launched a few new features, including –
- Training plan management
- Support to include external training material
- Training reports
Try ComplianceQuest’s Training Management module, a part of our EQMS suite, to train and prepare your employees. Request a demo here: https://www.compliancequest.com/online-demo/