ISO 9001:2015 is a quality management standard that helps you setup processes and workflows for quality control in your organization. Additionally, it also plays an important role in using quality management as a factor in driving competitive advantage. The key here is to build an enterprise-wide quality culture that looks at the entire lifecycle of an organization across suppliers, internal processes, and all customer-related workflows.
Of course, it also plays an important role in regulatory compliance. Overall, it has an impact on delivering high-levels of quality in terms of customer satisfaction, brand recognition and trust.
Let’s look at the top 5 reasons why you should opt for ISO 9001:2015.
- Improved Processes: Apart from increasing revenues, businesses also need to control costs and minimize waste to improve their margins. ISO 9001 promotes process-based QMS (Quality Management System), integrating interrelated processes at the enterprise level. This holistic approach ensures greater effectiveness and better integrated processes that can minimize waste and thereby reduce costs.
- Improved Decision-Making: A stitch in time saves nine, it is said. Businesses need to be able to take timely decisions that can improve the chances of their success. For this, they need data that can help them make informed decisions. A well-implemented ISO 9001 aims to achieve just that. Its framework for quality management enables management to make decisions on facts and data, more than anything else.
- Improved Brand Perception and Growth Prospects: Quality is valued and the brand perception of an ISO-certified business is higher as compared to those that aren’t. Being process-oriented with quality as the motivating force, business can deliver better quality of products in a timely manner, winning customer loyalty and repeat business. This naturally increases revenues. And with cost control, there is a visible increase in profitability as well.
- Improved Compliance to Industry-Specific Standards: ISO 9001:2015 has been designedsuch that implementing it can lay the foundation for other industry-specific standards in the ISO family. Be it ISO 14001 (environmental management), ISO 20000 (IT service management), ISO 13485 (medical devices) or ISO/TS 16949 (automotive industry), by implementing ISO 9001 first, businesses can deploy and manage the standards easily due to their having the same structure and numbering system. This will bring down the cost and time of compliance.
- Improved Productivity: ISO effects greater productivity and employee performance over time. Better documentation and predictive analytics enable timely response to challenges and improved employee engagement. Assigning responsibilities brings about role clarity and therefore greater responsiveness and employee satisfaction. Continued training and development becomes integral to the corporate culture, providing employees with an opportunity to upskill and have a clear career path that can act as a big motivator. It also empowers them to deal with the changing needs of the customers as well as the market trends better. It also ensures smoother handing over in case of replacing employees who are leaving for a better role or another job.
ISO 9001 lays stress on automation as it increases visibility across the organization and enables better process integration and collaboration. Documentation becomes easier with betterversion control, collaboration and access during auditing. An automated QMS solution such as the one from ComplianceQuest not only ensures compliance to ISO 9001:2015 but its EHS capabilities makes it a correct fit for ISO compliance across the categories of health, environment and safety as well.
ComplianceQuest, a 100% modern cloud-based Enterprise Quality & Safety Management System (QHSE) goes above and beyond the requirements for ISO 9001:2015 while automating your entire quality management system requirements. Our product and automation features significantly reduce the efforts involved in maintaining your ISO 9001:2015 Quality System. The product is designed to deliver flexibility, scalability, customizations and data visibility
In addition, it provides a complete view of your organization’s data – a key aspect to drive continuous improvement of your quality management process.
Click here for more information